High School or College Diverse/Person of Color Mentorship
To promote equality and make the world a better place, we’re excited to mentor a high school or college level diverse/person of color individual to teach them more about the online marketing world and position them to get a great job down the road.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Age: Junior or senior in high school, or in college
- Interests: Business and marketing
- Location: Preference for those in the Denver Metro area, but meetings will be remote using Google Meet to ensure social distancing, so the person can be anywhere in the USA. We may move to outdoors, socially distant, in-person meetings down the road, so Denver Metro area is preferred. Preferably have access to a computer with webcam, or computer and phone with forward facing camera, but if you don’t have this, please let us know in your application and you’ll still be considered.
- Meetings: Meeting roughly every two weeks online, we’ll determine where you’re at and do training, coaching, and likely assign homework as appropriate so that you can learn more about the industry and tactics, learn the terminology, and how to position yourself for your ideal online marketing job. This may change over time.
- About you: Serious about having a bright future and willing to work hard, be coachable, and be reliable to make it happen
- We’ll customize what we talk about based on your age, experience, and interests
- Teaching you what we do: the art and science finding new customers online
- Potential learning areas: the different types of marketing jobs, how advertising works, SEO, analytics, how to deal with data, handle meetings, scheduling, communication and all the things that make a good business person
- Advertising types: Google search, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Snapchat, LinkedIn, display
- We’ll help with other life and career advice as needed, whatever is helpful including potentially connecting you to other specialists to learn more
- Duration: If its a good fit, we may work with you for years to come
- Value: You’ll be getting knowledge that’s valued at hundreds of dollars an hour for free. There’s some chance to transition to a paid internship if we have you start doing real work, but please don’t expect this.
- Number of mentees: We’ll start with one and see how it goes, then potentially accept other candidates
- How to apply: Email Jonathan at firstname.lastname@example.org with
- A letter telling us about your background
- Why you’re interested in marketing, and if there are any particular areas that you’re most interested in, such as thinking up creative ideas, running ads on social media and Google, graphic design, writing the copy for ads, or something else, and it’s okay if you’re not sure yet.
- Attach a resume and LinkedIn profile link if you have them
- Let us know how you found this description
- Timeline: We’ll aim to have a mentee selected by July 10, and maybe sooner depending on the number of applicants, so apply soon if you’re interested
Digital Media Buyer & Account Manager (Not currently hiring)
We’re a fun and growing digital agency located just off the west end of the Pearl St. Mall in Boulder.
Our mission is to lead amazing lives. Part of how we do that is through:
- Adventure and learning: attending conferences, dedicated team education time to learn new techniques, testing new marketing efforts, at least 4 weeks vacation to do fun/adventurous things outside the office (after all, we live in CO for a reason), and company funding for outside education/experiences
- Being sustainable: work/life balance in terms of working to our full potential but not overdoing it, company funded gym membership to stay healthy, low Co2 commuting options, helping with office recycling and composting, planting trees every month, financial security through good pay and 401k with 5% match, career advancement support, work with clients who are doing good for the world
- Building healthy relationships: surround ourselves with great teammates, clients, and vendors, be trustworthy, and have enough time with our friends and family outside of work
In the end, these pillars lead us to be happy doing great work for satisfied clients, who, in turn, are helping the world.
We’re bursting at the seams with work and would like to hire a hard-working digital advertising manager to help us do great work. And while your experience matters, it’s who you are that matters most.
In this role you’ll do digital media buying, so you need to have the technical skills to set-up, manage, and track digital ads across PPC, social, and display. The account management role involves meeting regularly with clients to do readouts. It’s a great position because you can work on digital advertising, connect closely with clients, and be exposed to other work types such as SEO, strategy, design, copywriting, development, and more.
We love our jobs helping clients though digital advertising on Facebook, Instagram, Google Ads, Facebook, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Tik Tok, display, and more.
We’re looking to hire a full-time, salaried employee, with full benefits.
We’re looking for:
+ Analytical skills with data and spreadsheets, plus creativity and people skills
+ Ideally 5+ years of experience managing digital advertising, minimum 3 years
+ High GPA and test scores from school
+ Hard working, detail oriented, reliable, trustworthy, positive, good with people, and easy to get along with
+ Excited to work in downtown Boulder, as most work will be done in the office so that we can collaborate (we provide a free bus pass)
+ Up to 4 weeks paid time off during your first year, if you’re doing well
+ Up to $100/mo toward gym membership or similar activity
+ Free bus pass from RTD to make your commute more relaxing and to save money
+ Ideally work from the office all days, but for those living in Denver, 1 day per week work from home to start, then more if you’re crushing it
+ 100% company paid health insurance
+ Professional ergonomic set-up at the office so that you’re feeling good
+ 9:30 am start time, but flexible if you prefer to start earlier
+ Longer-term, potentially getting on the partner track, i.e. owning part of the company
+ Will be adding a 401k with 5% of salary company matching by the end of May
Why work at Grounds for Promotion?
Our goal is to help people lead amazing lives by delivering five star results and service. To do that our mission is to run an amazing agency where our employees feel great by making our clients happy and doing meaningful work that keeps us engaged. Also, it means being rewarded financially, having a good work life balance, progressing in our careers, and feeling stoked about the team, clients, and achieving our goals.
If that sounds appealing to you, please email@example.com with your resume and tell us that you came from our website and about a recent project you did that you’re proud of. Bonus points for your favorite spreadsheet formula.